Kinesiology Tape is an elastic therapeutic tape that externally supports joints. Kinesio tape helps in lymphatic drainage, increasing localized circulation and activating the endogenous analgesic system, all without restriction of movement.
The advantage of Kinesio Taping delivery system over other types of drug delivery (eg, oral, intravenous, intramuscular) is that the elastic cotton strip provides a controlled input of the medication into the body by using body heat and melting thin layers of infused matrix releasing the active ingredients where and when the athlete needs them most.
Combining Kinesiology Tape (K-Tape) with a topical delivery system was a natural step in manufacturing K-type in order to assist athletes during the physical event and long afterward.
- Protect the joints, muscles, fascia and relieve pain during exercises;
- Reduce the impact on joints and tendons, promote circulation of blood, ease muscle tension;
- Auxiliary correcting deformities, tendon contracture, acute or chronic tendon injury, muscle recover therapy.
Kinesiology taping techniques can be used for many different applications:
- Bruising, swelling and sprains
- Arthritis symptoms
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle re-education
- Improve circulation
- And more…
K-tapes lift the skin, causing the removal of inflammation and pain due to the natural process of improving blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. The compression effect occurs when stretching, it is applied for faster recovery from swelling and it helps to support injured areas.
How to use K-tape:
- Clean the area to be taped and remove any oils or lotions from the skin.
- Apply the K-Tape strip to the intended area and set the anchor points (final 2 inches of tape) without stretch.
- Once applied, rub the tape to help set the adhesive.
- Do not remove the tape in the shower or when wet. Removing the tape when wet may increase the likelihood of some adhesive being left on the skin. Simply remove the tape when it is dry.
- Wear time up to 24 hours.